Saturday, May 26, 2012

Have a question about in house practice? Being a GC at a small company? Balancing work-life obligations? Whatever… we’re here to answer.


I meet regularly with a wonderful group of in house lawyers who also happen to be parents.  We discuss our issues over lunch and offer advice to each other on how to cope with that controller that isn’t quite doing his job or the unit director that doesn’t seem to get the importance of having legal review contracts until a customer calls her out on something and sometimes even how do you make enough cupcakes for the Halloween party on Friday when I’ve got 3 depositions this week?  I find these lunches so helpful with my specific issues and generally it’s just nice to know I’m not alone in my crazy-land of in house practice.  I find them so useful, that I’m willing to share them with you!  If you have a question that we might be able to help with send it in to Tanya@inhouseouttakes.com and we’ll do our best to answer.  We’ll post the question discussion here and maybe the commetariat can chime in and add additional insight.  Disclaimer:  we will not dispense legal advice over the internet – so don’t ask about how to break a specific contract or what cause of action you have to sue an employee.   We will give general direction that you can then investigate further. 

And for those of you dying to know - the HEB on Braker and 183 in Austin has super-yummy cupcakes and a designer that should be on t.v. with some of those designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment